Each year the Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) Board of Governors, along with a select group of beauty industry members recognizes the most innovative products of the year at the Beauty Insider Awards. This coveted award is voted on by the industry leaders who know beauty best. CEW’s 6,000+ members narrowed down more than 800 products and found 43 award winners across 37 categories. Winners were revealed at the annual Luncheon in NYC. Complete list of winners below.
This year’s entries were up 11 percent from last year, and the number of indie brand entries increased between 30-35 percent. Additionally, there were two new award categories added, the Best Beauty App Award, which went to L’Oréal Paris for its Makeup Genius App. And the Iconic Beauty Award, a consumer choice award for mass and prestige, which went Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes and Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief respectively.
Winners this year included selections from both mass market retailers such as drugstore and big box stores and department stores and boutiques. The CEW Beauty Insider Awards winners are:
Best Eco-Beauty Line
Iconic Beauty Award
- Mass – Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Towelettes
- Prestige – Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
Best Indie Brand
- Kate Somerville EradiKate Mask Foam-activated Acne Treatment
- Cleanser and Scrub – Simple Skincare Micellar Cleansing Water
- Eye Treatment – IT Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC+ Eye Cream SPF 50+
- Lip Treatment – Fresh Sugar Nourishing Lip Balm Advanced Therapy
- Skin Care Tools – Clarisonic Alpha Fit
- Sun Care – St. Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower Lotion
- Hair Color – Oribe Hair Care Airbrush Root Touch-Up Spray
- Hair Care – Living Proof Perfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo
- Hair Style/Hair Care (Three-Way-Tie)
- Tools – T3 Micro, Inc. PROi Professional Hair Dryer
Nails — it’s a two-way tie!
New! Best Beauty App
- L’Oréal Paris Makeup Genius
- Clinique for Men Charcoal Face Wash